Monday 5 December 2011

Super sensitive or high expectations

Well that weekend went well, Not! How to react when told that people at church find me difficult and don't know how to approach me? (after two months of suddenly becoming a widow) Now maybe I am being a bit too sensitive here but what do they expect? I am being made to feel that I should be worried about how MY situation is affecting other people - well pardon me for grieving. Is it any wonder us Christians get a bad press? I must admit the week after David dies, that after 6 people in as many minutes asking me if I was 'all right' the next one, just happened to be a close friend so I responded with ' well that's a b****y silly question, which to my surprise I found out yesterday that she was one of them. Amaaazing! Rant over for today xx

1 comment:

  1. Dear Linda,
    I am so sorry for your lose. I am sorry also that your church family aren't more sensitive to your needs and willing to cut you some slack. As widows, we can be sensitive, and people can be unknowingly hurtful at times. I have learned that it is best not to have expectations, but still reach out when I have needs that others might be able to help with. Know that when people disappoint us, the Lord is always there for us. Forgive as quickly as you can and try to assume their insensitivity isn't intentional. Often, people don't know how to deal with our grief.

    I highly recommend looking for a Griefshare group in your area. You will be blessed by the community of those who understand the grieving process. Journaling here will also be therapeutic for you. God bless you as you journey with Jesus!
    Hugs, Renee'

    ReplyDelete